Monday 23 May 2011

Logorama

I'm not sure how I heard about this, obviously in one of my many hours loitering about on the internet looking for interesting stuff - and this is just that!!! This short film/animation was made by French collective H5 (They've done vids for Goldfrapp), I'm sure originally it was going to be a video for George Harrison, but his record company wanted them to drop the logos (once you've watched it, that will seem like the stupidest idea ever), so it just ended up being an artistic project for H5.
Initially I thought maybe it would be a little bit dull, just one of those vanity animations that design companies do to show they can animate well, but it's not it's extremely well done and interesting to watch.
Many of the logos are for companies that don't operate in the UK but you will be surprised at how many of those you recognise - which shows the power of logos - and how we are subliminally fed these images through US produced tv shows (that last sentence is not a rant against advertising in tv shows - I really dont care, it's more an observation of how our brains work)


Logorama from Marc Altshuler - Human Music on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment