Thursday 21 October 2010

New Stock = Full Shop!

It's October half-term next week - how did that happen so quickly? It's one of our busiest weeks of the year with people starting to think about Christmas and all the students realising they need winter clothes. Gordon and I have been working hard to get the shop full with new things and I was sewing late last night getting some lovely new one-off dresses made!


It's actually taken me all day to get this big bag of new stock finished, priced and on the rails. It contained the following....


The last of the Navy Floral Dresses £25 - no more fabric left now so this is the last few.  I finished them by stitching on 2 red buttons!


Two cute leopard and black strapless dresses, I put two gold buttons on each and priced at £15.


Three cute handmade re-mix dresses. I make these from vintage skirts, re-cutting them and adding elastic, finishing with some vintage buttons £15-£18


Two more Black Swallow Playsuits - I now have them in stock in every size and also have a dress version in every size too, £30 each.

So after all the buttons were sewn, labels and prices attached I then had to re-merchandise the shop and make it all look pretty. Every time I bring a lot of new stock in I end up changing all the rails and displays around to get the best results. The key is to have similar colour things together with a good mix of plain and patterned things - you can see the different fabrics and it looks enticing....


Lots of my one-off dresses look appealing together on a rail.


Swallow dresses and playsuits with dark floral dresses and playsuits - which style do you suit?


Now with Gold Buttons....


The new leopard dresses add a splash of colour to a rail of pale florals and vintage cardies.


Red White and blue - the vintage print fabric brightens up a rail of block colours. 


And of course here's the vintage accessories to match....


Here's one of the finished dresses on a mannequin with a matching cardigan - nice outfit.

And now I've got a lovely full shop ready for the busy weekend / week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment