Sunday 10 April 2011

Ai Weiwei

So I woke up early on Sunday morning (annoying cats) and was browsing around the internet and chanced upon this amazing documentary on the Chinese artist Ai Weiwei. I had vague idea of who he was from the installation of porcelain seeds at the Tate turbine hall, and seem to remember reading something about him being under house arrest at some point. I spend time reading magazines and browsing stuff on the internet so you get this knowledge that covers a range of things but only in a very vague sense, a kind of surface knowledge - I know a little bit about alot of things. So it was very insightful to actually get beneath the surface and find out more about someone I had 'vaguely' heard of. Here's the film, watch it!!


Watch the full episode. See more FRONTLINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment